It is hard to know, when your car tyres need a replacement. You might not think about them during everyday travelling, but if you don’t replace them on time, you have to suffer a huge blow. Also, the performance and the efficiency of your car depends majorly on tyres. According to a leading tyre company, JAXQuickfit Tyres you should maintain your cars’ tyres properly and also regularly check them to see if they need a replacement.Here are few tips that will help you to decide if your tyres need a replacement.
- The main function of the thread of the tyre is to deflect water from beneath the tyres and improve the grip. This helps to avoid hydro planning on wet roads. If the tyres are worn, and the thread is down by more than 1.6 mm then the tyre is no longer safer.
- All the tyres have thread wear bars; these are the small bridges that are formed between your threads or running across the tyres. As the tyres wear, these bars will level with the tyres thread.
- Give your car tyre a penny test. Take a coin and place it upside down in the center of the thread. If you can see the very top of the coin, replace the tyres immediately.
- If the coins head is partially visible, it is time to go for shopping tyres. If the coin gets inserted in tire thread at its lowest, your tyre does not require any replacement as of now.
- You can use tread depth indicator or gauge tool to measure your tires thread. If you don’t own one, you can buy it from an auto part dealer.
- Worn tyres should be replaced for a matter of safety. Make sure that there is no irregularities in tread wear; this can lead to wheel misalignment. Irregular tread wear is the sign that you need to take your car to the servicing.
- If you are not sure when to replace your car tyres then replace it after six months.